Our Guiding Principles.
- We will promote sovereignty by maximizing self-governance while minimizing Government of Canada oversight.
- We will utilize our resources, both fiscal and non-fiscal, in a sound manner that demonstrates accountability, responsibility, and efficiency.
- We will reflect the cultural and traditional values while strengthening the knowledge and practices of our people and communities.
- We will promote quality services, programs, benefits, and opportunities, which serves the best interests of the membership, while maximizing fairness, self-sufficiency and sustainability.
The Governing Body.
The governing body is the Board of Directors, which is comprised of senior representatives appointed by the London District Chiefs Council. Board members represent the Chippewas of the Thames First Nation, Oneida Nation of the Thames, Munsee-Delaware Nation, Caldwell First Nation, Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point First Nation, Aamjiwnaang First Nation, and Delaware Nation – Moravian of the Thames.
The Board of Directors meet on the third Tuesday of each month and are uniquely positioned to advise and provide the necessary corporate knowledge, cultural inclusion protocol, and professional counsel to the London District Chiefs Council. Further to these important roles, the Board is the governing body of the London District Chiefs Council administrative arm, the Southern First Nations Secretariat (SFNS) and is responsible for the organizational structure and management of this core administrative body.
The Board of Directors.
- Lonnie Dodge (Chairperson) – Caldwell First Nation
- Darlene Whitecalf – Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
- Shawn Plain – Aamjiwnaang First Nation
- Denise Stonefish – Delaware Nation – Moravian of the Thames
- Stacey Phillips – Oneida Nation of the Thames
- Marshall George – Chippewas of Stony and Kettle Point First Nation
- Glenn Forrest – Munsee-Delaware Nation
Learn more about us.
If you are seeking London District Chiefs Council organizational details you will find our website an excellent information, awareness, and education source.
Thank-you, Koolamalsi, Yawʌ’kó, Migwetch,
Mon-Fri: 8:30 to 4:30
London District Chiefs Council
22361 Austin Line
T: 800 668-2609 | 519 692-5868
F: 519 692-5976